Chicken blackbean and papaya burritoFrom koswald8 5 years ago
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- enough chicken broth to cover breasts in a skillet (aprox 32 oz) shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- pinch of chili powder (optional) shopping list
- 1 can black beans shopping list
- 1/4 cup red onion (finally chopped) shopping list
- 1/4 cilantro (chopped) shopping list
- 1 papaya or mango sliced thinly shopping list
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 8 flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- boil chicken for 30 minutes in broth with cumin and bay leave. Add pinch of chile powder if desired.
- In the mean time put about 1/4 chicken broth in the black beans in a skillit and heat through. Add in the onion and cilantro and mash.
- When chicken is done use two forks to shred.
- Place about 1/4 cup of chicken on each tortilla, along with 2 large spoonfuls of the black bean mixture, 2 or 3 slices of papaya or mango and top with about 1/4 cup cheese. Roll into a burrito and place in an oven proof dish. Once all burritos are assembled back at 350 for 20 minutes.