Corn Blueberry MuffinsFrom jena 5 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn or vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup soy milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy yogurt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (222° C). Lightly grease a twelve-muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, soy milk, soy yogurt, vanilla and lemon zest.
- With a wooden spoon, fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Fold in the blueberries, being careful not to overmix.
- Fill each muffin cup three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Tip: To keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffin, toss them in a bowl of flour to coat.
- That will give them some "grip" in the batter.