Sour Cream Pound CakeFrom momofsixil 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup cooking oil (canola or vegetable) shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (no substitutes!), softened shopping list
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pan-- a tube pan (used for angel food cakes) or Bundt pan--by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. *My favorite is Crisco spray with flour for baking*
- In large mixing bowl, cream together the cooking oil, softened butter, and granulated sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and add alternately with the sour cream.
- Bake in preheated oven on center rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes (approximately) until golden brown.
- Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan.
- Invert pan onto serving plate to remove.
- Serve alone, dusted with powdered sugar, drizzled with glaze, or for strawberry shortcake. Yum....
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating5 people
love pound cakes thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Me too! Love sour cream! Yummy! Thanks Lori!jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
I agree with Momo and Jrt_Mom because I have a weakness for pound cakes too and this one is calling me ;) High 5!pippy in loved it
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Pass Down Recipes313 members
Family Favorites140 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
BIRTHDAY CLUB123 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members
Its Party Time97 members
Good Friends And Good Ole Country Cooking40 members