Yee Ha Brown BeansFrom 22566 7 years ago
- 1 Pound of Pinto Dry beans shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons pinto bean Seasoning(Get my brand out of San Antonio Texas,in groc. store) shopping list
- Large Plater Size ham slice,Diced,(left over from breakfast with red eye gravy) shopping list
- 6 Slices smoked bacon,cut in pieces shopping list
- 1 white onion,diced shopping list
- 1 Package of Skinless Hot smoked sausage,cut in rounds(I use John Morrell brand) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar(Grandma always said,salt in the coffee grinds,sugar in your vegetables) shopping list
- 1 Pint Thin,vinegar,Tomato,pepper,based Bar-B-Q Sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the beans in salted water over night.
- Next morning ,drain,rinse,place in slow cooker,cover top of beans with about 1"of water.
- Add Pinto Bean Seasoning.
- Brown bacon,add onion,cook until tender,add to beans,along with the diced ham,cook on High in slow cooker for a few hours.
- Add your brown sugar(only after the beans start to become a little soft,if you don't they will stay grainy)
- Add the smoked sausage rounds.
- Add the sauce,continue to cook until done.
- Serve with your good Corn Bread,and Fried Potatoes
- Slice of Chocolate Cake for Dessert with a glass of milk.
The Cook22566 TX
- Not added to any groups yet!