Cornbread DressingFrom billyd 7 years ago
- 1 Bag Purchased cornbread mix shopping list
- 2 small onions finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 3 tbs sage shopping list
- 3 stalks celery finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbs poultry seasoning shopping list
- 5 hard-boiled eggs coarsely chopped shopping list
- 4 lbs chicken gizzards boiled and ground coarsely shopping list
- 4 cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Bag herbed bread crumbs shopping list
- garlic powder to taste shopping list
- onion powder to taste shopping list
How to make it
- I usually make a 9 x 14 pan of cornbread according to mix directions.
- When cornbread, gizzards, and eggs are cooked let cool to touch.
- Crumble cornbread, grind gizzards, chop eggs and combine with all other ingredients.
- Should be moist but not wet.
- Sprinkle more poultry seasoning on top, be generous.
- I place in 9x14 cake pans and bake for about 1 hour, depends on the moisture content.
- I am a dump cook so taste as you go to achieve the taste that is desired.
- If you like a particular ingredient, you can increase the amount and not hurt the recipe.
The Cookbillyd Rocky Mount, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!