Stir-fried Rice With Asian Vegetables And BeefFrom maria79161 7 years ago
- 8 oz 3/4"-thick sirloin or top round steak, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Reduced-Sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tsp canola or other vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 bag (14oz) frozen stir-fry or asian vegetable mix shopping list
- 1 pouch (10oz) frozen brown rice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 Tsp finely minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced scallions shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts shopping list
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper (optional for spice) shopping list
How to make it
- Toss steak with 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil. Place steak in single layer, and cook, without stirring, to brown, about 1 minute. Cook another minute, stirring once or twice, until all pink is gone. Leaving juices in pan, transfer steak to another dish.
- Add vegetables to skillet juices, and stir-fry over medium heat until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cook Rice per package directions
- Add ginger and garlic to skillet, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add steak,cooked rice, scallions, peanuts, and remaining one tablespoon of sauce sauce. Top off with 1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper (optional- but it adds a little heat), the stir and serve.
The Cookmaria79161 Saint Albans, VT
The Rating4 people
Thanks for the great,delicious, low cal meal idea! I just got on the scale and oh my! This couldn't come at a better time!!! Thanks again, debdmajor in Slidell loved it
Sounds great!! Thanks!pamelanava in Prosper loved it
Yummy!Yummy!Yummy!gapeach55 in Covington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!