Steamed MusselsFrom econchef 5 years ago
How to make it
- Clean the mussels by running them under cold water and removing any dirt you see.
- Slice the onions into thin strips
- Mince the garlic (or you could put it through a garlic press)
- Heat the butter in a medium sized sauce pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic to the butter. Fry them until the onions are soft.
- Add the white wine, water, and the mussels to the pot (I usually eyeball the amount of water to add - there shouldn't be much liquid in the pot)
- Cover the pot and let the mussels cook for about 4 or 5 minutes. I usually wait for the mussels to open and then leave them for about a minute or two longer.
The Cookeconchef New Haven, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!