Fried Chicken SaladFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- . shopping list
- 1 large head leaf lettuce, or a combination of lettuces shopping list
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse-grind black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 whole chicken breasts, halved, boned, and cut into 1/2-inch strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Texas 1015 SuperSweet), thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange lettuce leaves, tomatoes, and mushrooms on 4 salad plates; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt and coarse-grind pepper.
- Place milk in a separate bowl.
- Dip chicken strips into milk and then into flour mixture to coat. Fry chicken in hot oil on both sides for a total of 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain chicken on paper towels, reserving drippings in pan.
- Stir vinegar into drippings, scraping bottom and sides of pan.
- Pour vinegar mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in mustard.
- Add shallots and tarragon and season with salt and pepper; set dressing aside.
- Arrange chicken strips and onion slices on top of salads.
- Serve with mustard-tarragon dressing on the side.