Peanut Satay Dipping SauceFrom bluessinger9 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon groundnut / vegetable oil shopping list
- 4-6 teaspoons crushed dried red chili flakes shopping list
- 1 small finely chopped white onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, vein removed, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 jar peanut butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons palm or brown sugar shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil and carefully fry the chilli flakes on a low heat.
- Add the chopped white onion and soften without colouring.
- Add the sugar, soy and lime leaves and cook briefly until fragrant.
- Stir in the peanut butter until well mixed.
- Remove from the heat and add the lime juice and half the coconut milk.
- Thin to desired consistency with the remaining coconut milk. NB It will thicken upon cooling.