Paula Deens Basic 1-2-3-4 CakeFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) cake pans.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue to cream well for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add vanilla and continue to beat until just mixed.
- Divide batter equally among prepared pans.
- Level batter in each pan by holding pan 3 or 4 inches above counter, then dropping it flat onto counter.
- Do this several times to release air bubbles and assure you of a more level cake.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pans 5 to 10 minutes.
- Invert cakes onto cooling racks.
- Cool completely and spread cake layers with your favorite frosting to make a 3-layer cake.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating5 people
another great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I've made this cake practically as long as I've been cooking. It's a great cake, and makes good pound cake too.grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it