Sunnies Burrito SaladFrom sunniedae 5 years ago
- 1 bag mixed baby greens (use one handful) shopping list
- 1 bag baby spinach (use one handful) shopping list
- ½ cup reduced fat cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 small handful sliced olives shopping list
- 1 red pepper (use ¼ of it diced) shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado diced (I use half to all of it depending on size) shopping list
- 5-10 grape tomatoes or 1 tomato diced shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp. shredded mexi-cheese shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- Squeeze of ½ lime if you have it shopping list
- 1 Amy’s brand black bean Vegetable Burrito (frozen) shopping list
- Dressing shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp. Pace salsa or your favorite (I also like the Safeway brand Chipotle salsa) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. Light Tillamook sour cream shopping list
- 1-2 tsp. taco season shopping list
- Handful of crushed tortilla chips for topping shopping list
How to make it
- First I get the burrito going in the microwave. I like to wrap it first in plastic wrap, then in a paper towel. I cook it for 1 min 20 sec. on one side then flip and cook for another 1 min. 20 sec. (I found this helps keep the tortilla softer.)
- While the burrito is going I prepare the salad on a plate, 1 handful mixed greens, 1 handful spinach, mix it up a bit, ½ cup cottage cheese, then add the rest of the ingredients on top and around the salad.
- When the burrito is done cooking on both sides, I slice it up on the small cutting board I used for the avocado, red pepper, and tomato (usually 1 slice length wise then about 5 across.)
- It does get a little messy, but I just scrape it onto the salad.
- I mix the dressing up in a small bowl and pour over burrito and salad. Top with a few crushed Tortilla Chips. Enjoy!
The Cooksunniedae Salem, OR
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!