Ratatouille PastaFrom realage 8 years ago
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti shopping list
- 1 dried ancho or pasilla chile shopping list
- 3 cups diced (1/2 inch cubes) unpeeled eggplant (8 ounces) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced shopping list
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup packed mesclun (mixed baby greens) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or lemon thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the chile; cook, turning until fragrant and toasted, about 1 minute.
- When the chile is cool enough to handle, discard its stem and set the seeds aside for a garnish.
- Chop the chile.
- Add eggplant to hot skillet; cook until browned, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add oil, then chopped onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and chile.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in sauce.
- Garnish with reserved chile seed and thyme.
The Cookrealage San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!