Jamie Deens Cheeseburger PieFrom cardinal54 5 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, preferably vidalia onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning sauce (recommended: Dale's steak seasoning Sauce) shopping list
- 5 slices cheese, preferably American, Swiss, or sharp Cheddar shopping list
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough* shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
How to make it
- *Frozen puff pastry dough should sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and preheat the grill.
- Mix the ground beef, onion, steak seasoning and seasoning sauce (using your hands is the most efficient way to do this).
- Form into 5 small flat patties.
- Grill the hamburgers to medium-well. (You may also pan-fry the patties.)
- Remove from the grill and top each burger with a slice of cheese of your choice.
- Roll the puff pastry sheet to flatten slightly.
- Cut it into 5 relatively even rectangles.
- Cover each burger with a piece of puff pastry and wrap it around the bottom, pinching all of the edges to seal.
- Place on an un-greased baking sheet, pinched side down.
- Whisk together the egg yolk and 1 teaspoon water to make an egg wash.
- Brush each wrapped pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the puff pastry is nice and brown.