Easy Irish Soda BreadFrom docjoe 6 years ago
How to make it
- Mix Bisquick, caraway seeds, raisins, and sugar in bowl.
- beat eggs and milk together and add all at once to the dry ingredients.
- Stir to form a sticky dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured board to form a smooth ball.
- Cut dough in half and form two smooth balls.
- Place balls on a greased cookie sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut a cross 1/2" deep into top center of each ball.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until richly browned and firm to touch.
- Cool thoroughly on a wire rack before cutting.
- Spread with butter and enjoy.
- If freezing, wrap the cooled bread in foil for future use and freeze. When ready to use, thaw for two hours.