Salmon Broccoli Quiche with Rice CrustFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups packed cooked rice shopping list
- 1 cup egg whites shopping list
- 3/4 plain low-fat yogurt shopping list
- 2 tbsp, parsley, broken in Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt (for no-salt recipe, use 1 tsp McCormick's 'no-salt-added Citrus & pepper) shopping list
- 1 can red salmon (or tuna) drained, broken into chunks shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion shopping list
How to make it
- Mix rice with 3 tbsp of the eggs.
- Press the mixture over the sides and bottom of greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake @ 235*F for 10 minutes.
- Whisk remaining egg with yogurt, mustard, parsley and salt (or salt substitute).
- Place salmon in the rice crust with broccoli and onion.
- Pour egg mixture over all.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until set.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Tex Mex before baking;
- or --- instead of salmon or tuna, substitute with 1 cup coarsely chopped crab meat.