Spinach and Bacon Cobb SaladFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 small shallot, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 ounces Roquefort or other blue cheese, crumbled (3/4 cup) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound lean slab bacon, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut crosswise into thin strips shopping list
- 3/4 pound spinach, large stems discarded shopping list
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk with the sour cream, shallot and cider vinegar.
- Stir in the blue cheese.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- In a very large bowl, toss the spinach with the red onion and bacon, then toss with the dressing.
- Mound the salad on plates, top with the eggs and serve.