Bread SoupFrom docjoe 8 years ago
- 3 oz. fresh porcini mushrooms (hard to find) or sliced white button mushrooms (I usually add a few more) shopping list
- 3 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 links italian sausage skinned and crumbled (hot or sweet, your call) shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, chopped 1/4" thick shopping list
- 10 oz. plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 6 1 1/2" slices crusty Italian bread (country style if available) shopping list
How to make it
- If using fresh porcinis, clean, trim and slice them; set aside
- In a large stock pot over low heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the sausage and onion and gently saute, stirring freuenty until the onion is translucent.
- Add the celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, and water.
- Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the soup to gently boil for 15 minutes.
- While soup s cooking, toast the bread slices until golden, and place in bottom of each soup bowl.
- Pour the boiling soup over the toast in each dish.
- Serve with grated cheese and crushed red pepper flakes on the side for those that like it.
The Cookdocjoe Davie, FL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!