Beef Steak CacciatoriFrom docjoe 5 years ago
- 1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms, soaked. shopping list
- 6 thin rump steaks, about 6 oz.each shopping list
- 2 tbl. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup Italian red wine (Barolo, Chianti, etc. Any Burgandy can be used in a pinch). shopping list
- 1 Tbl. tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram shopping list
- 1 Tbl. juniper berries. shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the porcinis in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the mushrooms and filter and retain the water they soaked in.
- Squeeze out any excvess water in the mushrooms and chop them.
- In a skillet large enough to hold the steaks in a single layer, heat the olive oil over moderate heat.
- Add the garlic and steaks and cook for about 2 minutes per side (just starting to brown).
- Lower the heat and add the wine, tomato paste, marjoram, juniper berries and mushrooms.
- Season to taste wuth salt and pepper, cover and cook for about 10 minutes,adding the retained mushroom water as needed to keep the sauce from becoming too dry.
- Serve garnished with a little chopped parsley on top.