Banana Split Ice Cream PieFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 25 cookies; such as Nabisco's Famous chocolate wafers) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup fat-free chocolate sundae syrup, divided shopping list
- 4 cups sliced banana (about 5 bananas) shopping list
- 1 (1.75-quart) container vanilla low-fat ice cream, softened shopping list
- 1 (18-ounce) jar strawberry sundae topping shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pineapple shopping list
- 5 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts shopping list
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine crumbs and butter, stirring with a fork until moist. Press crumb mixture into bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Spread 1/2 cup chocolate syrup evenly over crust; top with banana. Spread the ice cream evenly over banana. Cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Spread the strawberry sundae topping evenly over ice cream.
- Cover and freeze 1 hour.
- Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes. Cut into 16 wedges. Drizzle each serving with about 3/4 teaspoon chocolate sundae syrup, and top each with 1 tablespoon chopped pineapple, about 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts, and 1 maraschino cherry, if desired. Serve immediately.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating5 people
MMMMMM, another 5 Henrie. Lucycardinal54 in Cuthbert loved it
great tastey recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh yeah, what can I say... you got my 5
hugssssssssshirleyoma in Cove loved it