My Favorite Green Bean CasseroleFrom flipflop 8 years ago
- 4 tsp butter, divided shopping list
- 2 tsp flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp grated onion shopping list
- 1 pint sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 pound swiss cheese grated shopping list
- 2 (16 oz) cans French style green beans, drained shopping list
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Melt two tsp butter in a saucepan
- Add flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and onion
- Add sour cream and stir until thick.
- Stir in cheese until melted
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Place beans in casserole dish and top with cheese sauce.
- Cover with cracker crumbs and dot with 2 tsp butter.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
The Cookflipflop Montgomery, AL
The Rating3 people
Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I enjoy another 'twist' on a 'classic' recipe!
Thank-you for sharing your recipe for Green Bean Casserole...Without...the Mushroom soup ingredient!
~ * ~ mjcmcook ~ * ~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
fantastic recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!