7 Layered SaladFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 4 cups torn spinach (I use lettuce 2 kinds) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups Shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 small red onion, sliced, separated into rings shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen green peas, thawed, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- LAYER spinach or lettuce, 1 cup of the cheese, the mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and peas in 3-qt. serving bowl.
- MIX mayo, sour cream and basil. Spread over salad, completely covering top of salad. Cover. Refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- SPRINKLE with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the bacon just before serving.
- Make in the morning and it will chill in plenty of time for a gathering. If your needing it early just remember to make it before bedtime. Its a beautiful centerpiece at a party.