Mustard-Baked Chicken With A Pretzel CrustFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound hard pretzels, coarsely crushed (4 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 6 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- directions shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a food processor, pulse the pretzels until coarsely ground; you should have coarse chunks and fine crumbs.
- Transfer to a large, shallow bowl.
- Wipe out the food processor.
- Add the oil, whole-grain and Dijon mustards, water and vinegar and process until smooth.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the dressing into a large shallow bowl, add the chicken breasts and turn to coat.
- Dredge the chicken in the pretzel crumbs and transfer to a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Slice the chicken and serve warm or at room temperature with the remaining mustard dressing.
- MAKE AHEAD The baked chicken and dressing can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours.