Grilled Spiced Eggplant SaladFrom docjoe 6 years ago
- 2 small eggplants, sliced into 1/4" rounds shopping list
- 5 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves crushed shopping list
- 1 Tbl. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander seed shopping list
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced into small wedges (1/2" thick) shopping list
- 2 Tbl. plain yogurt (Greek if you can find it) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- flat leaf parsley to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Brush both sides of the eggplant lightly with oil.
- Grill turning once until just tender and slightly colored.
- Cut into quarters.
- Combine remaining oil, vinegar, lemon juice, cumin and coriander.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Add the warm eggplant, mix well and chill for atleast 2 hours.
- Add the cucumber and tomatoes toss gently.]
- Transfer to serving dish and spoon yogurt on top.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.