Beef Bourguignonne with Egg NoodlesFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided shopping list
- 2 1/4 pounds beef stew meat shopping list
- 3 bacon slices, chopped and divided shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrot shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 8 cups halved mushrooms (about 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pearl onions shopping list
- 7 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles (about 6 cups uncooked noodles) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add beef; seal and shake to coat.
- Cook half of bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add half of beef mixture to drippings in pan; cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove beef from pan; cover and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining bacon and beef mixture. Remove beef from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Add chopped onion, sliced carrot, and minced garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in red wine and broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add bacon, beef, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, mushrooms, tomato paste, chopped thyme, bay leaves, and pearl onions; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Uncover and cook 1 hour or until beef is tender. Discard bay leaves. Serve beef mixture over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.