Ziti Bake with Sausage Tomatoes and CheeseFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 (1-pound) package uncooked ziti (short tube-shaped pasta) shopping list
- 1 pound hot turkey italian sausage links shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite-diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain the pasta, and set aside.
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add the tomato paste, salt, pepper, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cooked pasta, sausage mixture, and basil. Place half of the pasta mixture in a 4-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Top with half of mozzarella and half of Parmesan. Repeat layers. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly.