PASTA BLACK BEAN amp CHICKEN SALADFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- pasta Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 ounces (1 cup) uncooked dried cavatelli pasta or medium pasta shells shopping list
- Dressing Ingredients: shopping list
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- Salad Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cubed 1-inch cooked chicken shopping list
- 4 ounces (1 cup) LAND O LAKES® cheddar cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1 medium (1 cup) yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices, halved shopping list
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips, halved crosswise shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained shopping list
- lettuce leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine salad dressing, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce in large bowl; mix well. Add cooked pasta and all remaining salad ingredients except lettuce leaves; toss lightly to coat. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place 1 lettuce leaf on each individual plate; top with pasta mixture.