SWEET amp ZESTY KANSAS BARBECUED CHICKENFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- Sauce Ingredients: shopping list
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons apricot or peach spreadable fruit shopping list
- chicken Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 (9-ounces each) split chicken breasts with ribs, skinned shopping list
How to make it
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Stir together all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter, chili powder and salt in small bowl; brush chicken breasts with butter mixture. Place chicken onto grill, bone-side down. Grill until lightly browned (20 minutes).
- Brush both sides of chicken with sauce. Turn; continue grilling until chicken is no longer pink (10 to 15 minutes).
- Oven Directions: Heat broiler. Prepare sauce and chicken with butter mixture as directed above. Place chicken on broiler pan, bone-side up. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until browned (20 to 22 minutes). Brush chicken with 1/4 cup sauce. Turn; brush with remaining sauce. Continue broiling, brushing occasionally with sauce, until chicken is no longer pink (5 to 10 minutes).