Linguine with Prawn SauceFrom j00z76 5 years ago
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped for garnish) shopping list
- 1/2 small onion shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper shopping list
- 150g sour cream shopping list
- 2 tomatoes shopping list
- 1 red chilli (use as much as you like) shopping list
- 1 glass of white wine shopping list
- 250g of peeled prawns shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- linguine (fetuccine are probably nice too) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the pasta, cool down and set aside.
- Finely chop the green pepper, and start frying it over a low heat.
- Chop the onion and two cloves of garlic. Add to the peppers, and fry them until the onion softens, taking good care not to burn the garlic. Keep the heat low.
- Add the chilli, and if you want a gloating tomatoey sauce, a tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes, and stir.
- Add the wine, and bring to the boil. Once it starts bubbling, cover the pan and lower the heat. You may want to add cream for extra creaminess. Cook for some 20-25 minutes.
- In the last five minutes, remove the cover and let the sauce thicken a bit. Set aside.
- Finely chop the other 2 garlic cloves, and one of the spring onions.
- Heat some (good) olive oil in a pan. Do not overheat it, as if you do, the garlic will burn. Slowly fry the spring onions and the garlic, until the latter starts turning yellow.
- At this stage, add the prawns, and fry until they are done. Scoop them out and quickly stir-fry the pasta on the remaining garlic and prawn juices.
- To serve: Place pasta at the bottom, scoop some sauce on top, and place prawns over the sauce. Scoop some sour cream over the prawns, and garnish with some finely chopped spring onions.
The Cookj00z76 Sevilla, ES
- Not added to any groups yet!