Olive Gardens Caprese FlatbreadFrom olivegarden 6 years ago
- 8 Roma or plum tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- ¼ tsp black pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 10 medium fresh basil leaves, stemmed and chopped (about ½ cup) shopping list
- 7 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 11 oz container of refrigerated thin crust pizza dough shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- ¾ cup mayonnaise shopping list
- ½ tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºf.
- Dice tomatoes into small pieces. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add chopped garlic, salt, pepper, ½ of chopped basil (about ¼ cup), and 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Set aside and allow the mixture to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Flatten pizza dough into rectangle pan as indicated on package, reaching to the edges of the pan. Drizzle dough with extra virgin olive oil and brush it over the surface. Bake dough in oven at 350ºf for 10 minutes on center rack. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Cut garlic clove in half and rub, cut side down, onto the surface of the bread. The slight warmth of the bread will help extract the garlic flavor. Allow bread to cool completely, about 10 more minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450ºf.
- Combine mayonnaise and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Evenly spread onto the surface of the bread. Top with shredded mozzarella to evenly cover surface.
- Drain the Caprese mixture and spread the bread mixture evenly over the bread. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Return flatbread to oven for 5-7 more minutes or until golden, crisp and bubbly.
- Garnish with remaining chopped basil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
The Cookolivegarden New York, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!