Chicken Paprikash with SpaetzelFrom morninlite 8 years ago
- 24 oz. (1.5 lbs) boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 24 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 48 oz. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoons Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 2 tablespoon garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- corn starch or flour shopping list
- 1 Fudgesicle shopping list
How to make it
- Make spaetzel; put in a bowl. Or you can buy spaetzel from the store, or prepare any type of noodles you prefer.
- Chop up the chicken breasts into small pieces.
- Chop up the onion into small pieces.
- Put the chicken, onions, and chicken broth into a pot. For now, use just enough broth to keep everything submerged, but don't flood it. You should have some broth left over (maybe around 16 ounces); the remaining broth will be used below.
- Stir in the spices (paprika, garlic, salt, ginger, bay leaves).
- Simmer to let the chicken and onions cook thoroughly.
- While it's all cooking, eat the Fudgesicle.
- When the chicken and onions are fully cooked, add corn starch or flour as a thickening agent, by mixing it into the remaining broth and pouring it into the pot. (If you're out of broth, use water; but ideally you will have exactly enough broth for this.) Remove from heat and let it thicken.
- Finally, add the sour cream, and it's ready to serve over spaetzel
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, MI
The Rating4 people
Wonderful! High fiver! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
great recipe for Spatezel and chicken thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Ginger in paprikash, who'd a thunk/? I love it!mrgresch in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!