Apricot and Black Forest Ham StuffingFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup port, heated shopping list
- 1 cup apricots, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chopped black forest ham shopping list
- 6 cups stale bread, cubed or torn shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh sage, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or more to moisten shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pour port over apricots.
- Soak for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Sauté onion for 3 minutes or until softened.
- In a bowl, combine cooked onion with ham, bread cubes, apricots, any remaining port, and herbs.
- Add enough chicken stock to moisten.
- Stir in egg.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stuff into turkey.
- Alternatively, place in buttered baking dish, cover with buttered foil and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Makes about 7 cups