Chicken TerrineFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 cups grated Parmesan shopping list
- 6 slices salami, or prosciutto shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley shopping list
- crackers, for serving shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and add the pepper and salt.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture and then in the Parmesan.
- Saute onions,garlic, and mushrooms in butter until tender or about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper, and place a layer of chicken breasts on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the chicken with a layer of the salami, or prosciutto.
- Cover the ham with mushrooms and onions.
- Repeat the layers of chicken, ham, and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover with parchment paper or foil.
- Place a heavy weight on top of the terrine while baking to compress the layers.
- Place the loaf pan in a larger pan and pour in water to make a water bath. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Let the terrine cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate in pan for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, carefully turn the terrine out of the pan onto a platter and slice 3/4-inch slices.
- Serve cold with crackers.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating3 people
I was just curious. When you use the chicken breast' do you need to pound them out for uniform thickness?mrgresch in Milwaukee loved it
MMMMM this sounds really good.mango in Marion loved it
Oh good Lord woman! Where do you come up with these?? This is fantabulous! Hubby will love it! Cheers! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!