Chicken TerrineFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 cups grated Parmesan shopping list
- 6 slices salami, or prosciutto shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley shopping list
- crackers, for serving shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and add the pepper and salt.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture and then in the Parmesan.
- Saute onions,garlic, and mushrooms in butter until tender or about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper, and place a layer of chicken breasts on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the chicken with a layer of the salami, or prosciutto.
- Cover the ham with mushrooms and onions.
- Repeat the layers of chicken, ham, and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover with parchment paper or foil.
- Place a heavy weight on top of the terrine while baking to compress the layers.
- Place the loaf pan in a larger pan and pour in water to make a water bath. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Let the terrine cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate in pan for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, carefully turn the terrine out of the pan onto a platter and slice 3/4-inch slices.
- Serve cold with crackers.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating3 people
Oh good Lord woman! Where do you come up with these?? This is fantabulous! Hubby will love it! Cheers! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
MMMMM this sounds really good.mango in Marion loved it
I was just curious. When you use the chicken breast' do you need to pound them out for uniform thickness?mrgresch in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!