Whole Wheat BreadFrom synecdoche 8 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare yeast and white sugar in warm water.
- Dissolve brown sugar, shortening, and salt in hot water and cool. Stir in 2 cups flour and then add the yeast solution. Continue adding flour until the dough is stiff.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured board for about 10 minutes, round, and place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hours. Punch down, cover, and let rise again until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Divide into two pieces and shape into loaves. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 50 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooksynecdoche London, CA
The Rating4 people
Oh I like the sound of this recipe, thank you so much for sharing it with us. You have my 5 forks. The loaves look wonderful by the way.henrie in Savannah loved it
Definitely 5!jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
About to put this joker in the oven.danieljdavis in Birmingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!