Whole Wheat BreadFrom synecdoche 6 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare yeast and white sugar in warm water.
- Dissolve brown sugar, shortening, and salt in hot water and cool. Stir in 2 cups flour and then add the yeast solution. Continue adding flour until the dough is stiff.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured board for about 10 minutes, round, and place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hours. Punch down, cover, and let rise again until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Divide into two pieces and shape into loaves. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 50 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooksynecdoche London, CA
The Rating4 people
About to put this joker in the oven.danieljdavis in Birmingham loved it
Turned out great! Thanks so much!danieljdavis in Birmingham loved it
Definitely 5!jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!