Basic Yankee Bread StuffingFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1lb pork sausage,ground shopping list
- 1Tbs butter shopping list
- 6 stalks celery,chopped shopping list
- 2 onions,chopped shopping list
- 2(1lb)loaves day-old white bread,torn into small pieces shopping list
- 11/2tsp dry sage shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 eggs,lightly beaten shopping list
- 1c chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease 9x13 dish.
- Place sausage in large,deep skillet. Cook overmed-high heat till evenly browned. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in lg saucepan over med. heat.Place celery and onions in saucepan ,and cook together slowly,stirring till tender
- Mix together sausage,celery,onions,bread,sage,salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Pour the eggs and chicken broth into the mixture. Use more broth if needed. Stuffing should be moist not mushy.
- Press mixture into baking dish. Bake 1 hour in preheated oven or till top is brown and crisp.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
I will try this I Love stuffing!!! Sounds really good...Thanks :)mango in Marion loved it
love this yankee stuffing yummy thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it