SquirrelFrom 22566 5 years ago
- If your Sir name would have 5 numerals behind it, and you enter a room where the tail of you coat,or the hem of your dress,was lifted slightly and carried,as you glide to a table,set with Irish Linen,Austrian Crystal and Dresden China,then the dining experience set before you would be called "Exquisite",but from the other side of that door... shopping list
- It would be called a "Fuzzy Tailed Vermin "that got into the pecan tree just one time to many. shopping list
- Between Prairie Dog and Squirrel,Grandads rifle never needed dusting off. shopping list
How to make it
- 3 Squirrels,cleaned,washed,dried,cut into serving pieces
- Generous amount of Butter
- 2 Onions,sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon each,Thyme,Salt,Pepper
- 1-1/2 Dozen Prunes
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- Brown Squirrel pieces in butter,just to brown,but not cooked through.
- Remove,them to a place in a pot for oven.
- Cook onions until in the pan that you browned the squirrel in.
- Place the onions and the butter that you cooked them in over the squirrel .
- Pour water over squirrel until almost covered,add the vinegar thyme,salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the pot from the oven and reduce the temperture to 325 degrees,place prunes into pot,making sure they are under the water.
- Bake for 45 minutes more.
- Mix the flour and cold water together,and add to the liquid in the pot.
- Cook on top of stove until the gravy is thicken.
- Serve with new potatoes and toast points.
- Squirrel meat is light colored,fine textured and mild delicate flavor.