Frozen Fruit Slush DessertFrom janend 7 years ago
- 3 c. sugar shopping list
- 3 c. water shopping list
- 3 c. frozen mixed fruit shopping list
- 3 c. raspberries (fresh or frozen) shopping list
- 3 c. green grapes (fresh or frozen) shopping list
- 3 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen) shopping list
- 1 c. pineapple tidbits and juice shopping list
- 1 c. bing cherries, pitted shopping list
- 1 c. frozen orange juice concentrate shopping list
- 1 c. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 7-Up, Sprite, or other lemon-lime pop shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the sugar and water until sugar dissolves and syrup stage is reached.
- Cool and mix with the fruits and juices in a large container. Or freeze in smaller portions if you won't be using it all at once.
- Remove from freezer a half hour to an hour before serving for easier scooping.
- Scoop out as needed into dessert cups, and pour about 1/2 cup of 7-Up or Sprite over each serving.
- Serve with a spoon.
- Note: I got this recipe as a wedding gift, along with a crystal serving bowl and dessert dishes—a great way to serve fruit in the frozen north country in wintertime, since fresh fruits are not necessary for this dish! It’s a great addition to a special brunch, served along with a breakfast casserole, quiche, or other brunch dish. And, you can make it ahead and forget about it until you need it! If you are serving a crowd, serve in those disposable clear plastic dessert dishes from the party store.
The Cookjanend City, North Dakota
- Not added to any groups yet!