Paula Deens Country Ham And Red Eye GravyFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
How to make it
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the fat from the ham and render.
- When the fat is rendered, add the ham steaks and pan-fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the ham from the pan and set aside on a plate and keep warm.
- To the pan, add the coffee and water and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the butter and the bouillon cube and stir to incorporate.
- Serve the gravy over the ham steaks on grits.