Cherry Cinnamon Roll CobblerFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies shopping list
- cinnamon roll TOPPING: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- lemon GLAZE: shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in red-hots. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thick and bubbly and red-hots are melted. Stir in cherries; heat through. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until blended. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with pecans. Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over top.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cut into eight slices; place cut side down over cherry filling. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cobbler.