Lentil SoupFrom bellsd 5 years ago
- 1Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion- roughly chopped shopping list
- 4 C beef broth shopping list
- 5 C water shopping list
- 1 lb lentils shopping list
- 1 pckg onion mushroom dried soup mix (I like Knorr's) shopping list
- 1 carrot- roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 bag prepared spinach shopping list
- parmesan cheese to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place butter in 5 Qt Dutch oven & heat to medium low.
- Add onion & saute until just starting to soften, 4-5 mins.
- Add broth & water, increase heat to med high.
- Once simmering, add lentils & continue simmer about 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
- After beans begin to soften, add soup mix & carrot. Stir well to incorporate dried soup mix. Allow to simmer 5-10 mins
- Test beans for doneness.
- Once beans areclose to ready add spinach & stir well.
- After spinach wilts, soup is ready.
- Serve in bowls with fresh Parmesan atop.