Crayfish lobster SaladFrom capedread 5 years ago
- 8 - 3 ounce crayfish tails (Use rock lobster if in the USA) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 cup celery, cut into 1/2" dice shopping list
- 1/2 cup honeydew melon, cut into 1/2" dice shopping list
- lettuce, for presentation shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to boil in a large stewpot. Add crayfish tails, salt, and lemon. Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Cut around the edge of the underneath side of the shell and remove the meat. Cut into 1/2" pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the curry powder, paprika, and ginger. Add the mayonnaise to the lobster, and add the celery and melon. Combine gently.
- To serve, place lobster mixture on bed of lettuce, along with lemon wedges.