Layered Shrimp Corn and Pea SaladFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 11/2 lb ripe tomatoes (we used red cut in wedges and yellow cherry tomatoes cut in half) shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut in small chunks shopping list
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 2 cups green peas, thawed shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 6 cups salad greens shopping list
- 1 lb peeled, cooked shrimp shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, basil or parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk oil, vinegar, juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and avocado; toss to mix and coat. Let stand about 20 minutes to deveIop flavors.
- Mix corn, peas and bell pepper in a 4-qt serving bowl; spread in a layer. Top with 1/2 the salad greens, all the shrimp, then remaining greens. Spoon tomato mixture over the top; sprinkle with cilantro. Toss to mix or spoon through the layers.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating4 people
great family recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is a bautiful recipe. I think you have got many wonderful recipes on this site. I love the whole idea of shrimp in a salad - whole. When we serve shrimp, we usually just serve it sauted or fried with cocktail sauce, but thi...moreangelica14 in St Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!