Tex-mex Chicken And Barley-stuffed PeppersFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 4 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise through stem, seeded shopping list
- Nonstick spray shopping list
- 8 oz lean ground chicken shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup each quick-cooking barley and frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil. Put peppers cut side down in pan; coat peppers with nonstick spray.
- Broil 12 to 15 minutes, turning once or twice, until lightly charred and soft.
- Meanwhile coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken and onion, increase to medium-high heat and cook 5 minutes, breaking up chunks of chicken with a wooden spoon, until chicken and onions are lightly browned.
- Add all but 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, 1 cup water, the barley, corn and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until barley is tender. Off heat, stir in cilantro. Spoon into pepper halves; drizzle with reserved enchilada sauce.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating5 people
wow mighty tasty recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
WOW IS RIGHT LOOKS YUMMY THANK YOU HIGH 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow is right looks good! "FIVE FORKS"greentreefrogs in loved it