Ham and Mushroom StrataFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 1 Tbsp stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 piece (8 oz) boneless smoked ham, cubed shopping list
- 1 bag (16 oz) broccoli florets, steamed shopping list
- 8 slices sandwich bread, cubed shopping list
- 6 oz Fontina cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- You';ll need a shallow 3-qt baking dish lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion; saute until tender. Add mushrooms; saute until browned and dry. Stir in ham and broccoli.
- Spread half the bread cubes in prepared baking dish. Top with ham mixture and half the cheese. Scatter remaining bread over top. Whisk eggs, milk and pepper in a large bowl until blended. Pour evenly over bread; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake and serve, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- To serve: Heat oven to 350F. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until top is puffed and lightly browned, and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out dry.