Grilled Chicken and Garden Vegetable Penne Pasta with Oven Roasted TomatoesFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 12 roma tomatoes, cored and halved shopping list
- 1 pound baby squash (such as pattypan, sunburst and/or zucchini) (halve any large squash) shopping list
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse (kosher) salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 8 ounces dried penne or bow tie pasta (2 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place tomatoes in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or shallow roasting pan. Place squash, red pepper and green onions in another shallow baking pan. Drizzle tomatoes and squash mixture with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Roast, uncovered, in a 450 degree F oven about 20 minutes for squash mixture or until just tender, stirring occasionally, and about 30 minutes for tomatoes until very soft and skins are beginning to brown.
- Brush the chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper, and grill on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degree F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Let stand 5 minutes. Slice chicken into strips.
- In a large saucepan or kettle cook pasta according to package directions in lightly salted boiling water. Drain pasta and transfer to a very large bowl.
- To serve, stir tomatoes, vegetables, chicken, parsley, and basil into pasta. Season to taste with additional salt and black pepper. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle or serve with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings