Traditional Beef StewFrom darmorrow 7 years ago
- 5 pounds of carrots, sliced in chunks shopping list
- 5 pounds of beef, I used sirloin tip for taste shopping list
- 3 pounds of onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large can of tomato sauce shopping list
- Enough potatoes for tonight's meal- I used Yukon Gold shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Dr. Braggs sauce to taste shopping list
- garlic but not too much shopping list
- fresh parsley, chopped finely shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- First brown the beef and then take it out of the pan.
- Fry the onions and add the beef at the end.
- Sprinkle with the cornstarch.
- Add the carrots next and mix well.
- Add enough potatoes for tonight's meal.
- Add the canned tomatoes, the tomato sauce mixing well.
- Let this simmer at a low heat for several hours.
- Keep an eye on the beef. If it starts to break apart before the carrots are cooked, remove it from the mix.
- Make a note. You could parboil the carrots so that they are ready at the same time as the beef or you can cut them into smaller pieces.
- When the stew is done, add your parsley, salt and pepper. I like to add Bragg's as my source of salt.
- If the stew isn't thick enough for your liking, mix a little Bragg's with some cornstarch and water.
- Turn up the heat a little and thicken.
- Serve and enjoy