Baked ChimichangasFrom maxy_bo 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 cup salsa shopping list
- 1 meduim onion, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 6 flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half cream shopping list
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies shopping list
- Optional toppings: sour cream, black olives shopping list
How to make it
- In a nonstick skillet, simmer the first 5 ingredients until heated through and most of the liquid evaporates.
- Place 1/2 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Fold sides and ends over filling.
- Place the seam side down in a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish coating with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned.
- In a saucespan, heat broth and pepper.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth and then add into the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chilies and heat through.
- To serve, cut chimichangas in half and spoon sauce over the top.
The Cookmaxy_bo OK
- Not added to any groups yet!