COUNTRY FRIED CHICKENFrom kitchenwitchcooks 6 years ago
- COUNTRY FRIED chicken shopping list
- What's fixed when th' preacher is comin' fer dinner? - fried chicken. What's good hot, cold, or two days old? - fried chicken. What's th' most popular at family reunions, church socials, or dinner on th' grounds? - fried chicken. So here's th' country way of fryin' it. shopping list
- This recipe is for two chickens, and it can be adjusted to suit the amount. Cut chicken into pieces for frying and wash well. roll in a mixture of: 2 c. flour, 4 t. salt, and 1/4 t. pepper. shopping list
- Put skillet on, put in about 1/2-inch of fat, and het it hot. Place chicken in and fry till brown, turning often. Then reduce heat, cover well and cook about 25 minutes till tender. shopping list
- The leavings are mighty good to make white sop (white milky gravy). shopping list
How to make it
- Yes - I actually have a thread in my group KITCHEN WITCH COOKS called HILLBILLY COOKIN'.
- Just stop by
- and check out the many hillbilly recipes that I have posted.
- Sum fine vittles them are!
- See you all there - and while you're there - check out the many groups and the thousands of recipes!
- Sign up in one of my groups and receive free monthly newsletters pa ked with even more recipes!
The Cookkitchenwitchcooks Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!