Roasted PotatoesFrom synecdoche 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Cut potatoes into equal-sized chunks, but not too small. They don't have to be perfect but you want to try to get them to cook fairly evenly. Place the potatoes in a pot and cover in boiling water. Bring water to a boil over high heat, and then cook for a few minutes until potatoes are partially done. Don't over-do it, though.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil, minced garlic, and chili flakes in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave on high for about 30-40 seconds, until you can smell the garlic and hear it sizzle.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and toss in the hot oil. Then put it all in a roasting pan, making sure that the potatoes fit in one layer.
- Put the pan with the potatoes in the oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour. It is really hot, but they'll turn out GREAT. When they come out of the oven, toss with as much kosher salt as you like.
- Note that you can use many other ingredients in this recipe. For instance, if you want something more along the lines of Greek potatoes, try putting lemon zest in the flavoured oil, with some Greek seasonings. Play around with it and find something you like.
The Cooksynecdoche London, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!