Chili BaseFrom munchy 7 years ago
- 2 quarts chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped chili pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs salt shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- Combine tomatoes, onion, carrot, celery, peppers and garlic in a large (non-reactive) cooking pot. Bring to a boil; cover and cook at a slow boil for 30 mins, until tender. Cool slightly and press through a food mill or sieve to remove seeds and skins.
- Combine sieved vegetables, salt and chili powder in cooking pot; cover and cook at a slow boil, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 1 hour.
- Use this base as the foundation of your own chili recipe.
The Cookmunchy Souderton, PA
The Rating1 people
great foundation recipe. too many forget that the best dishes are created from a good base. I like this over rice, works well with any meat and firm tofu as well. :-)tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!