Mozzarella SticksFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2-1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 12 sticks string cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce, heated shopping list
How to make it
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Coat cheese sticks with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture. Repeat egg and bread crumb coatings. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Serve with marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
- Note: Regular mozzarella cheese, cut into 4-in. x 1/2-in. sticks, can be substituted for the string cheese.